- We do not collect any personal information such as your name, address, phone number, or email address when you visit our website. This information is only collected if you voluntarily provide it when signing up for our mailing list, submitting an inquiry, or filling out a form on the site.
- The personal information you provide to us is protected under the federal law on the protection of personal information. This means that you will be informed of any collection of information about you, the reasons for the collection, and your right to access the information. However, we do collect data on website traffic to improve and better meet your needs. No personally identifiable information is collected; the data of interest to us is of a technical nature.
- For example, we want to know the name of your internet service provider, its IP address, and the type of service provided; the duration of each visit; the number of inquiries made per visit; the type of operating system (Windows, Macintosh, Unix, etc.) you are using; and the type of browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) you employ.
- Canadians are protected by the following two federal laws regarding the protection of personal information: the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Privacy Act. PIPEDA is based on the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information of the Canadian Standards Association, which is incorporated into it. In Quebec, organizations are subject to the Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector. The Commission d’accès à l’information ensures compliance with this Act.
- Accountability: We are responsible for the personal information in our possession. It is the responsibility of our CEO to implement policies and practices for the protection of personal information and ensure compliance.
- Purpose of Collection: Before collecting personal information about you, or at the time of collection, we will inform you of the reasons for collecting it, how the information will be used, and the circumstances under which it may be disclosed.
- Consent: No personal information about you will be collected, used, or disclosed without your consent.
- Limitation of Collection: Personal information about you will only be collected if it is necessary for the identified purposes and only if it is reasonable and appropriate to do so in the circumstances.
- Limitation on Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information: Personal information about you will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless you have consented or as required by law. The information will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
- Accuracy: It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date. If you believe it is inaccurate, please contact us.
- Security Measures: Personal information is protected by security measures appropriate to its sensitivity. Protection methods include physical means, administrative measures, and technical measures.
- Access to Personal Information: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also challenge the accuracy and completeness of this information and have it corrected.
- Complaints Regarding Non-compliance with Principles: You can lodge a complaint about non-compliance with the principles outlined above with the CEO.